99 HBN Hot Pressed Boron Nitride Crucible
Solid Boron Nitride, is a excellent machinable advanced ceramic Is
a unique material, Boron Nitride Solid solves problems that could
not possibly be tackled with other compositions such as Al2O3 or
Boron Nitride in Solid form handles temperatures over 2000°C and,
depending on the grade, carries a dielectric strength of nearly
1000 volts/mil. Hot pressed in billet form Boron Nitride can easily
be machined into rods, bars, plates and even custom shapes this can
all be carried out in house at UNIPRETEC.
Because of its highly exceptional characteristics Boron Nitride
makes it ideal for fixture or jig materials for sealing or brazing
operations in induction, vacuum and atmosphere furnaces; for molten
metal crucibles; heat sinks and high temperature insulators.
Hot pressed boron nitride, sometimes is referred to as 'white
graphite' has a platey, hexagonal structure. This type of bond is
equal to that found in diamonds, yields excellent physical, thermal
and electrical performance under a wide range of uses.
Hexagonal Boron Nitride can be easily machined into complex shapes
using conventional high speed cutting tools.
- Capable to use at very high temperature up to 2000°C
- Excellent thermal conductivity
- Excellent dielectric strength
- Excellent non wetting properties
- Excellent thermal shock.
- Thermal spray coatings in the turbine engines as wear and erosion
- Coatings and thermal barriers
- Dynamic friction materials in brake pads
- Ceramic manufacturing
- Electronics & semi-conductors
- Molten metals processing
- Cosmetic powders etc..